Tuesday, September 13, 2005

To Late To Be Here

There is nothing like being surrounded by well informed and highly educated people to remind me that I know only a fraction of what I probably need to know.

I went to a colloquium with Paul Trembath presenting on Deleuze's idea of speed. Basically I walked away with an understanding that metaphor and cliche provide means of speedy understanding but in the worst possible ways.

I abstract that to anything the current administration feeds us. They have a lot of quick answers presented in the manner of one trite morsel after another, but all they are doing is giving us the illusion that we know what they are saying. The vast majority of Americans are too busy to take a slow approach to what is being said. We assume we understand the meaning behind the words when in fact we are seeing the smoke and mirrors of a well rehearsed illusionist.

No comments:

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...