Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Leave Questions at the Door

I have a hyper-sensitivity to Christianity. I am sure it comes from my upbringing. I can peg hidden religious agendas in bands, books, political rhetoric etc, with surprising accuracy. A friend of mine calls this Hyper-sensitivity my Fundamentalist Radar. My Fun-dar went off when I saw the preview for the movie "End of a Spear," now I know why. Not only is it evangelical propaganda it is also, totally gay!

Evangelical Filmmakers Criticized for Hiring Gay Actor

I love the quote:
"Many evangelicals are concerned that young people inspired by the movie will look up Mr. Allen on the Web and 'get exposed to his views on homosexuality, and that would cause some of them to question Biblical views of homosexuality and every other sin.'"

Yes, it is dire that we do not let young people have the opportunity to question. ANYTHING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am gifted with fun-dar.
It is why I laugh at used car salesmen, shirts and ties in stores, the old bags pushing "samples" at the end of the Supermarket aisle.
The easiest windbags to pick out of all are the A-holes on FoxNews, or Chris Matthews.
I also believe that some day in the near future, that liars and money hungry pieces of shit looking to fill a hole where a representative of the people belongs will be seen as the steaming pile that they are. And that this great country will go forward. Making unemployment non-existent, healthcare available to all, and average Joe has some kind of say so in the way this fucked up country is heading. GODDAMMIT my fun-dar tells me that this country is in need of a change, it also tells me that your fun-dar and my fun-dar are on the same wavelength.
IOW, repugs will die and burn in '06. That's what common sense tells me.

DirtE said...

Dear Tim;

Hang on there a minute. You aren't really saying you believe in "Liberty and justice for all?" If everyone is equal who will the rich eat? Are you advocating starvation? How about we compromise with, "Liberty and justice for all of those who can afford it and are 'productive members of society' and are white, and male, and straight (at least for the sake of the party line)and..."

Dirt

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...