Monday, September 26, 2005

The Conservation President!?

WTF?
Gee Dub wants us to conserve fuel. Not that I am against that. My little VW Golf gets 35 MPG and I am lucky to put 600 miles a month on the thing. I ride my bike most anywhere I need to go, but the president of oil telling us to conserve? We are told we need to conserve while the Oil companies have, for the third year in a row, turned the highest profits in their history. That's not unlike your boss telling you to be a more efficient worker so that he can increase his profits, but you aren't going to see a raise. Does it make sense to work hard to help the rich get richer? Sure, I'd go out of my way to help my family or my friends, but fuck the oil industry. Yes, conserve. Yes, drive less. NO, don't do it to help those assholes make a bigger profit. Why isn't he calling for them to cut their ever-bloating profit margins?
"Since January 2002, stocks of major oil companies have gained 88 percent; during that period the Standard and Poor's 500 index has gained less than half as much" (John W. Schoen, Senior Producer @ MSNBC. July 21, 2005.

I can't say that $3 a gallon gas prices bug me too much, but the hypocrisy of that smug bastard telling me to conserve and overlooking the fact that his exorbitantly rich cronies are stuffing their pockets with his help. . . Something is rotten in the state of Denmark, or Texas as the case may be.

No comments:

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...