Thursday, May 25, 2006

Poltergeist Vs. Zeitgeist

After months of writing and revisions, tomorrow is it. I turn in my thesis to the defense committee. Good stuff Maynard. My thesis advisor has been a ghost for the last month and a half so I have been doing all the revisions largely with the help of two, very indulgent, friends. We'll see what the committee thinks next week during my defense.

I guess I should qualify the ghost comment . . . my thesis advisor did make herself known long enough to reschedule my defense (yesterday, exactly one week before the defense was originally scheduled). Maybe she isn't a traditional ghost, rather a poltergeist. I can't see her per se but she shows up and starts throwing things around, making a general mess and then she disappears again.

I sort of feel like a bear waking up from hibernation. I haven't seen much of anyone for the last few months. In fact, since before Easter I have only seen Jenn two times. Since she lives, and teaches, in the southern half of the state and I am up here in the north, making the 4 hour back and forth trip while simultaneously trying to get everything finished has been nearly impossible. I'm not sure if I am going to recognize her when we get married (in three weeks). Anyone want to vouch for her?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hang in there, kid. This, too, shall pass. Before you know it you'll be in Italy on your honeymoon.

Congrats on finishing the thesis!! Let's go have a drink next week.

DirtE said...

No one can drink just one... lets go have a drink/S/

XOXO
dirt

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...