Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Greene Party


I am sometimes confused by the contradictions of people. I suppose I confuse people as well, but probably not for any real complexity that I present. I am reading Graham Greene's "Monsignor Quixote" on the suggestion of Jenn's grandpa. It reminds me of the movie "Mindwalk" or maybe even "Before Sunrise." MQ is basically a novel of dialogue between two friends and traveling companions from opposite view points. One is a catholic monsignor and the other is a communist mayor.

I need to sit down with Jenn's Grandpa and figure out why he likes this book so much. What is it that a retired bird colonel, who was a fighter pilot during WWII and Korea, and is a staunch supporter of the US Military and is a pretty conservative man, enjoys in a book like this? It is like finding out that your dear sweet grandma secretly likes to play Grand Theft Auto. Not quite a "WTF?!!" moment but enough to arouse curiosity.

Side Note:
If you haven't seen "Little Miss Sunshine" yet, try to do so. We saw it during a matinee last Friday but it easily would have been worth the full bill.

1 comment:

DirtE said...

Hello Matt... I too say Damn work, Damn work , and hey!

If the new job stops treating me like a rented mule we'll be up to see you guys.

XOXO Dirt

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...