Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Cat Does Not a Baby Mke.

Jenn just bought a stack of Christmas cards from one of her students. I found it fairly amusing at first especially since I just threw away about 8 boxes of unused cards from previous years.

I say "amusing at first" since after a close examination of the cards I realized she screwed me. I have forever ranted about anthropomorphizing animals, treating animals better than humans and on the rare angry days I get on a tirade about animals standing in for someone's barren loins.

The cards are innocent enough until you see the personalized inscription. "Merry Christmas from the Ewings: Dustin, Jenn and Scrounge."

Ahh, that's why I love her. She knows how to make a liar out of me.


Happy Thanksgiving from Dirt and scrounge. . .

2 comments:

Laura said...

Ha ha ha Dirt! Hmmm, maybe I'll go back now and add our kitten's names to our cards... nah, that's a bit obsessive, don't you think? wink*wink

BTW, cute cat...

DirtE said...

Dear Laura,

Yes my little baby, schmaby is sooooo cute!! You should see the birthday present I got him. He loves it. A sweater too keep him warm and some nice insulated boots. For Christmas I am buying him some DVDs that I know he will like watching. My sweet little Cute-ums. . .

XOXO Dirt

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...