Monday, August 04, 2008

Connor MacLeod Rides a Plane

I was on the plane today and it was a pretty quiet. Normally it is difficult to hear other people. Behind me a few rows back I heard this conversation starting up between two uber conservatives. They were talking about taxes, oil and, inevitably, global warming. One guys said, "I just can't get all this fear these 'scientists' are working up. There isn't anything that they can show to prove there is anything different going on with our climate. When I was younger they were complaining about smog, then ozone, now this. Why aren’t they still talking about those things?"
The other guy says, "I know. I have lived through an ice age, smog warnings and now this."

An ice age!??? This guy lived through an ice age!??? I turned around trying to find a thawed-out cave man or at least a man wizened by the last 3 eras he has lived through but instead I see a 40 something fat ass. Was he a highlander and just held his age really well?

3 comments:

spackle said...

Maybe he was talking about the movie.. His grandchildren might have made him sit through all the sequels in a row.. in a heavily air conditioned suburban home.. that could be like an ice age I suppose.

DirtE said...

Dear Matt,

Hold it right there fella! You are surely not disparaging the cinematic genius that is Ice Age? Think long and hard before you answer that one.

XOXO Dirt

JulieF said...

Gee. And I thought *I* was old!

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...