Saturday, October 04, 2008

Don't Think, Just Believe

If you have to tell me that you are something. . . you probably aren't.

I once dated a girl that said she was an artist. She didn't own a single brush, or pen, or pair of scissors or – well, you get the idea. Yet, she told everyone within earshot that she was an artist.

A guy I was going to buy a car from kept telling me that "you can trust me, not like those guys at the other dealership." The more he said it the less I trusted him. I didn't buy the car.

If you are a thing shouldn't I be able to recognize it without you telling me?

McCain/Palin insist on telling us they are "mavericks", "folksy", one of us, "straight talkers." I don't believe it, but apparently 47% of the population does.

Why do Republicans insist on reinforcing the idea that they are willing to purchase, wholesale, any line of prepackaged bull from a marginally functional moron and then vote for that moron to boot.

3 comments:

John Smith said...

Your point applies equally to both parties.  And they are all used car salesmen at the very core.  Especially Obama.  He changes every couple of months...he doesn't even look like the same guy he was six months ago.John

John Smith said...

Your point applies equally to both parties.  And they are all used car salesmen at the very core.  Especially Obama.  He changes every couple of months...he doesn't even look like the same guy he was six months ago.John

DirtE said...

Dear john smith

Obama is a Shapeshifter!? Does constable Odo know? Maybe he will turn into something cool like a fierce Eagle or a Panther and use his talons/claws to scratch the eyeballs out of the Taliban. That would be cool, huh?

xoxo dirt

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...