Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Case for Eugenics

Two quickies.

1. Jenn has been trying to get me to see Millions since it came out. It wasn't in town long enough for me to see it. The theatres in Ft Collins run "specialty" movies for about 2 days in the middle of the week before kicking them out to make room for the latest triple x installment. So, I have been trying to rent a copy. The locally owned video store has a backlog of requests so I went to Blockbuster -Quit your moralizing, I want to see the stupid movie so get off my back- They didn't have it there either but, as I was walking out, the lady at the counter said, and I quote her with no embellishment:
"Uh, sir I just thought I should let you know that that movie is British."
"Yes I know," said I.
"Well it isn't like a regular movie, it is kinda weird. The humor is very strange."

??? Huh? Customer service at its best. I'm glad she warned me I thought Danny Boyle was the guy that made that terrific American comedy, Gigli. Close call. Thanks Blockbuster lady, you're the tops!

2. A few of us went to go see Harry Potter opening night. Of course the seating was sporadic at best. A lady came in behind us and started moving people around so that she and her three friends could sit together. Not a big deal. But, half way through the movie a phone rings. Wait, it gets better. . . The phone was answered. Wait, it gets better. . . A conversation commenced. No kidding. I turned around and it was the organizer. She was carrying on a conversation in the middle of Harry Potter, opening night without the faintest hint of getting up and talking the conversation outside. I gave her my best WTF? Look, and asked her what couldn't wait. She looked at me like I was an idiot and said, "It's my dawwwwg, she's in labor." What the hell? Is she a dog mid-wife? Was that her dog on the phone!?
She and her three friends got up and hightailed it out. Wow, a lot of work for nothing.

And there are people that actually think that mandatory sterilization isn't a good idea.

No comments:

Please, Jesus, Save Me from Myself!

The Delusional calling on a “god” to stop the delusion. The Ouroboros is eating it’s tail again. "Televangelist Pat Robertson is pray...